Resources: Universal Design
Resources are routinely updated . . . please check back often.
Note: resource links open in a new window:
- IDEA Center at Buffalo
Home of the Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Universal Design at Buffalo.
- Institute for Human Centered Design
This Boston-based international nonprofit promotes design that works for everyone across the spectrum of ability and age and that enhances human experience. Visit this site to learn how AE's work balances expertise in legally required accessibility with promotion of best practices in "human-centered" or universal design.
- National Center for Universal Design for Learning
This is a project of CAST, "the nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning." The site provides is an in-depth tour of what constitutes UDL theory and practice.
- Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the Workplace (Fact Sheet)
Provided by the Job Accommodation Network.
- Universal Design Education Materials Online
"This site supports educators and students in their teaching and study of universal design."
- UDL-Universe: A Comprehensive Universal Design for Learning Faculty Development Guide "UDL-U supports postsecondary faculty and staff by providing resources and examples to improve postsecondary education for all students, including those with disabilities."
- What You Need to Know About Universal Design for Learning
for Educators, Administrators, and Parents PDF (Fact Sheet)
"This fact sheet is intended to give educators, administrators, and parents a brief description of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and tips to support implementation and understanding of the principles." From the Ohio Center for Autism and Low-Incidence Disabilities (OCALI).