iOS 8 Accessibility Bugs for Blind/Low Vision
Check out this AppleVis post for a roundup of accessibility bugs in iOS 8. Serious bugs include:
- In Braille options (Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Braille), changing the setting for Status Cell from "off" to either left or right will cause VoiceOver to stop working completely.
- In many applications, the screen does not automatically scroll to follow the movement of VoiceOver focus as you swipe through the page.
- Various problems have been reported when using a bluetooth keyboard, including duplicate and skipped characters; conflicts with QuickNav when accessing text fields; VoiceOver-specific controls not working; and VoiceOver occasionally crashing and restarting.
- QuickNav appears not to work with a Braille display.
- In Safari, using the Back button or Scrub gesture to return to the previous page will result in VoiceOver becoming near unusable.
And much more!
To learn about iOS 8 accessibility in general, check out this ATmac post