skip navigation links

Get Help with AT

Sometimes the search for funding and/or appropriate AT can feel overwhelming. Get Help with AT reminds you that you don't need to "go it alone." These Help pages are organized as follows:

Consumer Advocacy

Frustrated with the AT funding "run around?" The organizations and offices listed here can help you obtain benefits, appeal denials, and grieve decisions. Select your Advocacy category (General, Children, Deaf-and-Hard-of-Hearing, Medical, Social Security, Veterans, Vocational Rehabilitation & Independent Living) and ask for help from an appropriate group. Even if they cannot assist you directly they can tell you where to turn next. Also check out the resources listed under "Helpful Guides" (such as "Rules of Thumb for Self-Advocacy") to ensure that your next steps are strategic and effective.

Get AT Advice

  • Ask an Expert if you have a question about a program, AT solution, or an AT related problem that's come up at work, home, school or college. Are you an employer looking for a solution for an employee? Are you confused about a program, benefit or law? Choose Ask an Expert.
  • Technical Assistance is available to state and local agencies and other public and private entities. Need help improving access for clients with disabilities? For providing "reasonable accommodations" for an employee? For improving workplace ergonomics? Choose Technical Assistance and learn how MassMATCH and other state and federal programs can help.
  • Transition Assistance programs help people with disabilities live in their communities or move home to their communities with the help of AT. They also make use of AT and AT services to help people with disabilities pursue vocational and educational goals. Choose Transition Assistance to learn about MassMATCH funded programs.